I just was made aware of an entertaining game of tag going around the blogosphere that allows us bloggers to share some fun, random information with our readers so you can get to know us better. I was lucky to be tagged by Holistically Haute which is another fantastic wellness blog (and check out HH’s great homemade skin care products!). Thought this would be fun for my readers to see and read this week. Please feel free to reply back with some random information about yourselves. I love hearing from you guys. Hope you enjoy!
Rules (for bloggers):
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things About Me:
1. All my life, I dreamed about being a doctor. Thinking that a CHHC (certified holistic health coach) may be as close as I come. 2. One of my 2012 goals is to complete the Racine Ironman on July 15th. Need to start training! 3. I love caramel. 4. I was a ballet dancer for 15 years (from the ages of 2 thru 17….at 17, I suffered a tib/fib fracture playing indoor soccer. That ended ballet). 5. I know how to knit. In fact, my children have sweaters and blankets that I made for them. Learned how to knit while I was on strict bedrest for 11 weeks with my twins. 6. I can flip my tongue completely upside down, on the right side and left side. 7. My split belly muscles (from childbearing) need to be fixed. 8. I enjoy watching Castle on Monday nights with my hubby. It’s like our date night. 9. I love TRX and any workout/sport that makes me feel the burn. 10. I strive to manage insulin resistance every day of my life. 11. My second toes are a teeny bit longer than my big toes.
1. Why did you start your blog? Many of my family and friends were coming to me with questions about their health and wellness since I was so passionate about my own. I thought since so many were asking questions, there were others looking for this same information. A blog was the perfect way for me to share with many of my family and friends.
2. Do you have pets? Do the 16 deer, 12 turkeys, 5 coyotes, 3 fox and 2 cranes that frequent our backyard count? Had a fish….once. Oh, and had a couple of African frogs once too.
3. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Love hiking, biking, and running outside with my hubby and children.
4. What is your favorite indoor activity? Truly enjoy playing with my children the most! That’s closely followed by physical activities during the WI winters (including spin class, running on the treadmill, and I hope to start enjoying swimming in the pool).
5. What is your favorite way to unwind? Sitting on the couch with my hubby, chatting about our day and our lovely children. I’ve been known to pour a glass of wine on occasion as well. But I’ve learned to limit it to a small pour.
6. How has blogging enhanced your life? I’m always searching out the latest nutritional/medicinal scientific studies that are being published to stay on top of all the advances in the wellness arena. This has truly improved my overall health and wellness.
7. What is your favorite sport to watch? To play? To watch = football. To play = Boxing, biking, running, soccer….there are just too many to name one.
8. What is one dream you had as a child that has come true? For most of my childhood, I dreamed of being a doctor. While I’m a bit off track, I have finally found a career that will allow me to help many people – one of the reasons why I wanted to be a doctor.
9. What’s your favorite kind of food? Personally, I love any vegetable that crunches. (and a little dip on the side too).
10. What’s one thing on your bucket list? To complete the 2012 Racine Ironman. Time to start training. Bring it on!
11. What’s the coolest/best place you’ve had the opportunity to visit? Italy, Italy, and Italy. My hubby and I biked across Italy many years ago (B.K. = before kids) and we enjoyed another fun adventure there with friends. Just a great place to visit – beautiful scenery, spectacular history, and delicious food.
11 Questions for the People I Tag:
1. Why did you start your blog? 2. What are your favorite relaxation techniques for managing stress in your life? 3. Where was the location of your favorite vacation and why was it your favorite? 4. What is your favorite summer activity? 5. What is your favorite winter activity? 6. What is one thing you could be doing right now to improve your health today? 7. What is your favorite TV show? 8. What is your favorite food? Spice? 9. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? 10. What is the greatest challenge you face in your daily life right now? 11. What is your favorite color?